Wednesday, May 25, 2011

procession "fade" (2011)




from grand rapids michigan........fucking excellent band here,  indie-shoegaze with a huge amount of heart.......one of those bands that makes me reassess my "new music generally sucks" stance..........very sincere heartfelt lyrics over flowing, melodic music with beautiful vocals. there seems to be a couple bands that really hit me in the sweet spot every decade/half decade or so.....bands that literally bring the emotion out of me and make me feel what they feel.......10 years ago it was to dream of autumn, lovesick, and the assistant, before that it was constantine sankathi and current, now it seems these guys (and gal) might be that band.......if their live expirience is anything close to what this record has given me, then the deal is sealed.......lucky i get to see em next month......unfortunatly it seems some members are moving away for school and other obligations.....i just hope they stay together and work some more sonic magic together because (imo) the world NEEDS bands like this.........








No comments:

Post a Comment